Thursday, January 1, 2009

We'll have a baby this year!

Happy New Year. We were hoping to have received a referral before Christmas, but God's timing is perfect...and not always what I plan. But, I can now with confidence say that we will have a baby this year. :) I find myself getting so anxious as we wait. I blog surf and find so many other families adopting from Ethiopia and know I am not alone. It is hard to describe the feeling of love and anticipation for a child you have not even met. It's definitely a God thing. I am so thankful for other families who have gone through this and have been an encouragement to us. I hope that I can in some small way encourage others along this adoption adventure as well. Isaiah 40:31 says, "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." ....teach me Lord, teach me Lord, to wait!

2 comments:

Czarnecki Family said...

I'm right there with you - jumping every time the phone rings! You guys are in our prayers, as well as our little ones, who may be together right now!
-Meghan

Christina said...

Hope you all are hanging in there okay. I was just checking on the "unofficial" list in the yahoo group, and you all are so close! Hopefully the upcoming court and travel dates will bring some referrals at last :).