A few years ago we went to a concert to see the Christian singer Steven Curtis Chapman. His family had adopted two children from China at that time. After him showing videos about his adoption, I knew that I definitely thought we should adopt. I kept telling my parents I wanted to adopt a baby. Then, we were considering adopting an infant from China. After lots of prayer, Mom and Dad decided that we were fine just the way we were with only three kids. Last December, we got a newsletter from our friends that they are going to adopt two boys from Haiti. After that, we thought more and more about adoption. My parents read some books about orphans and we knew that God wanted us to adopt a child from Ethiopia, one of the poorest countries in the world. We have already sent in our Dossier in June, and we are extremely excited to help God's children! After talking with our Pastor, my parents decided to start an orphans ministry in our church. The kids in Sunday School (including me) and the Junior Highers can donate their change for orphans and know that they're making a difference in these orphans' lives.
In John 14:18 it says: I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
We were like orphans, and God adopted us into his family. If you cannot adopt yourself, you can help others to adopt. And you can pray that God will place each one of these treasures in a Christian family that will raise the child to love God.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment